[Development] New module for OPC UA

Frank Meerkötter frank.meerkoetter at basyskom.com
Thu Sep 17 15:54:32 CEST 2015

Hello,

we as basysKom have developed a Qt API for OPC UA which we would like
to contribute to the Qt project.

OPC UA is a communication protocol developed for industrial
machine to machine communication. The vision of OPC UA is to have
one uniform, vendor-independent communication protocol for all
industrial communication (from machine controllers up to enterprise
level systems).

Our API is a Qt wrapper for existing OPC UA stacks. We have a plugin
mechanism in place so different OPC UA stacks can be used through a
common interface. We have currently implemented an HMI focused sub-set
of the client-side.

Our initial contribution would include a plugin for the open source
FreeOPCUA stack. We also have implementations for two more (commercial)
OPC UA stacks available which we might contribute at a later point
(depending on licence issues).

We have reviewed the list of existing modules and did not find a
module with related functionality. Therefore we would like to request
a new module. Our preferred repo would be "qt/qtopcua".

Kind Regards,
Frank

--
Frank Meerkötter
Development Lead

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel   : +49 6151 870 589 161  | Fax: +49 6151 - 870 589 162
frank.meerkoetter at basyskom.com | www.basyskom.com

Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 9352
Geschäftsführung: Eva Brucherseifer, Heike Ziegler