[Development] Qt 5.6.0 header diff

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at theqtcompany.com
Mon Sep 21 15:19:37 CEST 2015

On 21/09/15 16:10, "Marc Mutz" <marc.mutz at kdab.com> wrote:

>On Thursday 17 September 2015 12:29:27 Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
>> I'll send the actual header diffs as attachments in follow-up mails,
>
>For next time, I think it would be a good idea to have this diff as a
>Gerrit
>change on 5.(x-1) (just the headers), to use the commenting and approval
>features of Gerrit. Any fixup commits could use that commit as a parent
>(or we
>use a specific topic branch).
>
>Opinions?

That’s an option we could try and see how it works.

Another thing that would help a lot would be to remove obvious changes
from the diff. If we e.g. do a s/Q_NULLPTR/0/ in the headers before
creating the diff, it would be down to half it’s size. We had some similar
changes for each of our last minor versions, that we should try to catch
and remove from manual reviewing.

Cheers,
Lars