[Development] RFC: Speech Recognition API

rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 17:28:40 CEST 2015

Tuukka:

Instead of pointing us at source code to inspect, maybe a youtube
video outlining in a more visual way your current plan of attack
and some of the considerations and issues andn goals that you feel are
relevant given your current state of research.

What are the Android vs IOS tradeoffs?

I would be much more happy to comment on that higher level discussion
because I would like to see how voice input might "fit" into apps across
the different platforms.

That way you have higher level set of concerns driven by users instead
of abstract source code which is just being laid down as we speak.

md

On 9/18/2015 6:24 AM, Turunen Tuukka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There has been quite little comments and feedback to the new speech APIs. It would be great to have people to look into this and provide comments already during the early development. We hope to have a technology preview available later this year, but getting feedback only after this phase is not optimal. Even if you are not an expert on speech recognition, but just interested in it, please take a look and provide feedback to Tuomas and others developing this.
>
> Yours,
>
> 	Tuukka

No spell checkers were harmed during the creation of this message.