[Development] Heads up! Fixing the build system on Windows

Andrew Knight andrew.knight at intopalo.com
Fri Apr 1 07:47:20 CEST 2016

I totally applaud the initiative. Should we go a step further, and make
Windows 10 a requirement for building Qt for any platform? The OS ships on
most new PCs, and cross-compilers and sysroots for other platform targets
are pretty much ubiquitous nowadays. I realize there may be a slight
transition period getting all developers over to Windows 10 as their
primary development environment, but surely this won't take long now that
Microsoft has provided all the necessary tools to do so.