[Development] Class unable to view Qt5 Linux app

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Apr 9 04:04:19 CEST 2016

On sexta-feira, 8 de abril de 2016 18:28:25 PDT from at alumni.stanford.edu
wrote:
> Dear Qt Developers,
>
> I'm teach a class this quarter at Stanford where the main software package
> we are using is a Qt5 Linux app running on RHEL 6. Students with Windows or
> Linux laptops aren't having problems, but students with Macs are.
>
> In particular, when the students try to do a copy, they get the error
> message
>
> QXcbClipboard::setMimeData: Cannot set X11 selection owner

Why are you running a Linux application on a Mac? Are you ssh'ing into the
RHEL 6 server and forwarding the X11 connection?

If so, I'd say that the X server that you have on those Mac is rather
defective. Instead, I'd recommend you compile the app for Mac and run locally,
not on the server.

> and the copy doesn't work. When they quit the application, they get the
> additional message
>
> QApplication::qAppName: Please instantiate the QApplication object first

We need a testcase for this.