[Development] Qt Keyboard Shortcuts broken in Qt 5.6 (since 4.8 at least). Reproducible test case included.

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at theqtcompany.com
Mon Apr 11 09:20:52 CEST 2016

> On Apr 10, 2016, at 7:22 AM, jasonsu at mail-central.com wrote:
>
> Use of Qt Keyboard shortcuts has been broken in Qt for years.
>
> There are lots of bugs about it in Qt and KDE projects.
>
> This one looks close to what I'm seeing,
>
> 	Can't assign keyboard shortcut with Meta modifiers
> 	https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-9846

This bug report is more about that you could not assign such a shortcut in Qt Creator to begin with.
That is a different problematic though. To check if Qt (Creator) in principle is able to handle a certain shortcut,
you should open Tools > Options > Environment > Keyboard in Qt Creator and assign a shortcut there
(e.g. by typing the Qt key sequence into the line edit for the shortcut “Ctrl+Meta+Alt+L”).

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller, Principle Software Engineer - The Qt Company GmbH