[Development] Qt-Project misrepresented on qt.io

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Tue Apr 19 12:50:20 CEST 2016

Hi,

I feel that with the unification, there is less and less visibility of the Qt
open source project:
The qt.io home page contains no information that Qt is open source and
contains contributions from the community;
The "Developers" section, to which http://qt-project.org redirects, mostly
contains information for developers using Qt, (and more than half seems to be
marketing targeted for people not yet using Qt) and only a very small
paragraph near the end seems somehow targeted to contributors;
Any links or aggregation to planetqt seems gone. Planet Qt is supposed to be
an aggregation of the blogs of Qt contributors.

It was much better in 2015 where the developers page contained information for
contributors
http://web.archive.org/web/20150723065217/http://www.qt.io/developers/

I think there should be a "Contributors" section from qt.io  where qt-
project.org would redirect. And which would have links useful for
contributors, including links and aggregation of planet qt.

I acknowledge that The Qt Company is by far the biggest contributor to Qt. And
that because of the CLA, they have no obligation whatsoever.
But I just feel it's not fair to hide the open source nature of Qt and the
open source contribution completely from qt.io. When the unification was
announced, it was said that the open source qt-project would continue to be
represented, but i just feel it's no longer the case with the new website.

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - https://woboq.com - https://code.woboq.org