[Development] [Announce] Qt 5.7.0 Beta released

Simon Hausmann Simon.Hausmann at qt.io
Mon Apr 25 10:31:06 CEST 2016

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Could you please elaborate what kind of changes you'd like to see to the QQmlComponent API? It is not clear to me what you mean by "compiling loaded QML from a byte array".

Similarly, could you please explain what you mean within loading definitions into the component cache? Are you referring to the ability to populate the component cache on application start up?

Regarding the qmldir files I conceptually agree that it would be nice to get rid of them, but it is not an easy task and not a task that I think of being of high priority (unless somebody convinces me otherwise). However one thing I would like to see as an initial step in the same direction would be to generate the content of the files automatically from meta-information for example in the build system. Such a step would potentially allow for replacing these files with a superior mechanism.

Could you please explain what you mean by an array of plugin bytes?

I also don't see a tight coupling between the QML engine and the network access manager. What coupling are you referring to? Is it the ability to compile the engine when the network access manager is disabled from the build?

Regarding internationalization support: I invite you to contribute the work towards allowing different mechanisms for translations. It would probably make most sense if you could attend the Qt conference to discuss the topic in person.

Simon