[Development] QtBluetooth Reading Advertising Data

Claunch, Charles A. (JSC-ER4)[Jacobs Technology, Inc.] charles.a.claunch at nasa.gov
Thu Aug 18 22:12:00 CEST 2016

I'm using QtBluetooth (5.7.0) to build a device which can read various Bluetooth Low Energy devices.  I've been successful in reading lots of devices, heart rate monitors and really any device which reads/writes BLE characteristics.  As I test more devices I find that a lot of newer devices pass the desired data directly in the BLE advertising data.  As of Qt 5.7 I see no way to access this data directly.  I assume the underlying code uses it otherwise it wouldn't be able to read the devices in the first place.  I noticed the early versions of Qt 5.8 include methods to broadcast BLE advertising data, but I still don't see any methods to read said data.  Is this in the plan or could perhaps be simple to expose the underlying methods?
Thanks,
Chuck Claunch