[Development] dev and 5.8 CIs reliably fail on LinuxRHEL_6_6x86_64

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at qt.io
Tue Aug 30 14:40:23 CEST 2016

Yes, we finally added Red Hat 7.2 to the CI, giving us hopefully somewhat
fresher Linux packages (hello gstreamer-1 and gtk 3).
While that seems to work nicely, we modified the RHEL 6 configuration, which was
admittedly naive.
Things are back on track, we keep running RHEL 6.2, but don't upgrade it to
run developer-builds, but regular release builds, since that shows some
additional test failures that need to be addressed first.

I'm sorry about that, I was a bit too optimistic and overjoyed that we'd
finally get better Linux packages released ;)
We are slowly moving to a model where all of these changes will have to pass
CI itself, but it'll take a bit of time still.

Cheers,
Frederik