[Development] New library in qtbase

Samuel Gaist samuel.gaist at edeltech.ch
Sun Dec 4 00:16:20 CET 2016

> On 29 Nov 2016, at 09:31, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>
> On terça-feira, 29 de novembro de 2016 09:07:47 PST Samuel Gaist wrote:
>>> On 27 Nov 2016, at 20:44, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
>>> wrote:>

>>> How about the older X11 / XEmbed way?
>>
>> I was writing the list from memory and I forgot that one.
>>
>> I haven’t took a deep look yet at it but I don’t see any reason to not have
>> it.
>
> So it really looks like this should be part of QtGui with implementation in
> each QPA plugin.
>
> --

In the case of Linux, if I understood the situation correctly, there might be several backends possible which is unlikely on other platforms expect for Growl but it’s not “native” and doesn’t look actively maintained currently although it’s still working AFAIK.

Thus what would be the recommended architecture ?

The first 2 rounds of implementation were run time based while the last, following the comments on gerrit, is build time based.