[Development] Tagging private symbols as such

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 14:50:19 CET 2016

On lunes, 5 de diciembre de 2016 11:13:59 ART Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em segunda-feira, 5 de dezembro de 2016, às 15:46:43 PST, Lisandro Damián
>
> Nicanor Pérez Meyer escreveu:
> > Hi! Some time ago Thiago made possible to tag private symbols as such, at
> > least on Linux. We have found some more symbols that need this tag
> > (QTBUG-57060) and I'm tracking a possible new set on fcitx-qt5.
> >
> > I would love to try and patch this but I definitely can't remember what
> > was
> > the tag that one should add to the right .pro file in order to get this
> > achieved. Can anyone help my bad memory here?
>
> I'm not sure the QPA symbols should be marked as private API. But maybe they
> should be.

Well, at least from a packager's point of view they are shipped in a versioned
path (/usr/include/QtGui/5.x.y/QtGui/qpa/*) and are one of the most used
private headers by third parties, which we need to keep track of.

> Anyway, there's no tag. It really depends on the scanning done by the
> mkspecs/features/data/unix/findclasslist.pl. It is given the header list by
> mkspecs/features/qt_module.prf, which in turn uses the list creatd by
> syncqt.pl and stored in include/<modulename>/headers.pri.
>
> The code in qt_module.prf does not take QPA into account. It assumes that a
> module only has private headers and non-private headers, which doesn't hold
> true for QtGui.
>
> Try adding SYNCQT.QPA_HEADER_FILES to:
>
>         for(header, SYNCQT.PRIVATE_HEADER_FILES): \
>             verscript_content += "    @FILE:$${_PRO_FILE_PWD_}/$$header@"

Excellent, will give it a try. Thanks a lot!

--
Los comentarios o respuestas sobre SL en tono absolutista solo hacen aparecer
a la comunidad SL como una sarta de fanáticos que viven dentro de un

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/