[Development] git 5.8.0 build failure with vs 2017 rc error C3615: constexpr function 'QAlgorithmsPrivate::qt_builtin_ctz' cannot result in a constant exp ression

Gunnar Roth gunnar.roth at gmx.de
Tue Dec 6 15:53:37 CET 2016

Hi Thiago,
now  I get confused.
>That's not enough. You need to
>cd qtbase && git checkout 5.8.0

When I do this I get the old code which does  not compile.
Doing cd qtbase && git checkout 5.8 gives me the new code

>Possibly pull every now and again in there. If you need to be in the bleeding
>edge, git submodule update is the wrong tool.
So what is the right tool? Why is is mentioned in the qt5 wiki Building from git?
I also have seen that I didnt get qtvirtualkeyboard just an empty directory. using
perl init-repository --module-subset=qtvirtualkeyboard -f
i get it it, but also message that the other folder are removed.
doing
perl init-repository -f
again.

But how is it supposed to work? How do I get the code which will become  the release candidate? Do I need to wait for a label?

Regards,
Gunnar Roth