[Development] Tagging private symbols as such

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Dec 6 17:41:38 CET 2016

On terça-feira, 6 de dezembro de 2016 16:22:39 PST šumski wrote:
> On ponedjeljak, 5. prosinca 2016. 15:46:43 CET Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez
> Meyer wrote:
> > Hi! Some time ago Thiago made possible to tag private symbols as such, at
> > least on Linux. We have found some more symbols that need this tag
> > (QTBUG-57060) and I'm tracking a possible new set on fcitx-qt5.
> >
> > I would love to try and patch this but I definitely can't remember what
> > was
> > the tag that one should add to the right .pro file in order to get this
> > achieved. Can anyone help my bad memory here?
> >
> > Thanks in advance, Lisandro.
>
> We're using this[1] in openSUSE.

Contains:

-        verscript_content = "Qt_$${QT_MAJOR_VERSION}_PRIVATE_API {" \
+        verscript_content = "Qt_$${QT_MAJOR_VERSION}.$${QT_MINOR_VERSION}.$$
{QT_PATCH_VERSION}_PRIVATE_API {" \

Do other people think that is useful? If so, I can make that permanent (though
disabled for -developer-build).