[Development] Tagging private symbols as such

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 20:14:39 CET 2016

On martes, 6 de diciembre de 2016 08:41:38 ART Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On terça-feira, 6 de dezembro de 2016 16:22:39 PST šumski wrote:
> > On ponedjeljak, 5. prosinca 2016. 15:46:43 CET Lisandro Damián Nicanor
> > Pérez>
> > Meyer wrote:
> > > Hi! Some time ago Thiago made possible to tag private symbols as such,
> > > at
> > > least on Linux. We have found some more symbols that need this tag
> > > (QTBUG-57060) and I'm tracking a possible new set on fcitx-qt5.
> > >
> > > I would love to try and patch this but I definitely can't remember what
> > > was
> > > the tag that one should add to the right .pro file in order to get this
> > > achieved. Can anyone help my bad memory here?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance, Lisandro.
> >
> > We're using this[1] in openSUSE.
>
> Contains:
>
> -        verscript_content = "Qt_$${QT_MAJOR_VERSION}_PRIVATE_API {" \
> +        verscript_content =
> "Qt_$${QT_MAJOR_VERSION}.$${QT_MINOR_VERSION}.$$
> {QT_PATCH_VERSION}_PRIVATE_API {" \
>
> Do other people think that is useful? If so, I can make that permanent
> (though disabled for -developer-build).

I need to check. It might create lots of fuzz when dealing with symbols with
our tools. But of course if other people find it usefull we can back-apply it.

--
<elruso> angasule: tenes el teletransportador encendido?
<gurtaj> :P

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/