[Development] Tagging private symbols as such

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 00:44:06 CET 2016

On martes, 6 de diciembre de 2016 16:14:39 ART you wrote:
[snip]
> > Contains:
> >
> > -        verscript_content = "Qt_$${QT_MAJOR_VERSION}_PRIVATE_API {" \
> > +        verscript_content =
> > "Qt_$${QT_MAJOR_VERSION}.$${QT_MINOR_VERSION}.$$
> > {QT_PATCH_VERSION}_PRIVATE_API {" \
> >
> > Do other people think that is useful? If so, I can make that permanent
> > (though disabled for -developer-build).
>
> I need to check. It might create lots of fuzz when dealing with symbols with
> our tools. But of course if other people find it usefull we can back-apply
> it.

If I understand the patch correctly that would effectively change the symbol
version on each new patch release. That's something at least us in Debian
would like to avoid, but again, if it's useful for someone else, we can always
patch it out.

--
If for every rule there is an exception, then we have established that there
is an exception to every rule.  If we accept "For every rule there is an

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/