[Development] Tagging private symbols as such

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 14:23:21 CET 2016

On miércoles, 7 de diciembre de 2016 02:23:15 ART Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Thiago Macieira wrote:
[snip]
> > I wonder: do we want a different ELF version for the QPA bits, other than
> > Qt_5_PRIVATE_API?
>
> IMHO, we want a versioned one, but in both cases. Distinguishing between QPA
> and other private bits does not really matter though, if they have the same
> (lack of) ABI guarantees.

The same could be said from the Debian side. If you find it useful to have a
different ELF version we will just need to adjust a couple of scripts, but as
long as we can determine that those are private symbols, everything is fine.

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/