[Development] Qt 5.9 prebuild binary packages( was: Re: Qt 5.9)

Jake Petroules Jake.Petroules at qt.io
Wed Dec 21 19:37:47 CET 2016

LET'S DO IT! And thank you for following through on this idea.

This will reduce our package testing burden significantly which is very important because it lowers the barrier to entry for us to actually add new platforms/installers. For example, adding tvOS to the combined macOS/iOS/Android package would be valuable.

I would omit the host architectures (it provides no useful value since there are multiple host architectures in some cases) and target platforms from the filenames, though (like -android, -qnx, -android-ios), because they aren't there for the Windows package so it would be more consistent. The download descriptions should detail what each package contains.

Also, can we simply subsume the QNX packages into the base enterprise packages? i.e. combine qt-enterprise-linux-x64-android and qt-enterprise-linux-x64-qnx? Or is there a licensing-related issue around that? And why do we need different packages based on the license, anyways?