[Development] Proposal to adjust release candidate process

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Fri Dec 23 08:17:01 CET 2016

Beta 2 is still a bit misleading in my opinion. It is coming from release branch, so we are beyond the Beta phase.  Let's think about the name later, after the holidays. It anyway seems that the basic approach is seen viable.

I would like to try this with Qt 5.9. The current scheduling lists the RC for 17th of May. What would then be the anticipated time to release the gamma/beta2/preview release as soon as we are in the 5.9.0 branch? Perhaps around 3rd of May?

Yours,

	Tuukka