[Development] Proposal to adjust release candidate process

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Dec 22 21:09:28 CET 2016

Em quinta-feira, 22 de dezembro de 2016, às 12:54:08 BRST, Tuukka Turunen
escreveu:
> > And besides, alpha and beta are traditional and well understood.
> > (Following that pattern though, I guess we ought to call the RC a
> > “gamma”, but that’s not traditional for some reason.)
>

> If we do not want to call the first development release from the release
> branch "Release Candidate 1", then I think calling it "Release Preview" is
> a good approach.

Call it beta 2 (or gamma 1) right after branch and one we've iterated and we
could have released, we call it release candidate. We release them more often,
with more iterations, so that we get more feedback. I think that's the most
important part.