[Development] Proposal for "container-oriented deterministic memory manager"

Phil Bouchard philippeb8 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 00:04:45 CET 2016

On 12/26/2016 04:45 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em segunda-feira, 26 de dezembro de 2016, às 11:13:59 BRST, Phil Bouchard
> escreveu:
>>
>> The point of this thread is not to promote renderers but if you are
>> interested to know more then one of you will have to contact my superior
>> by sending me a private message.
>
> I don't think that's necessary and it's also out of scope. We were talking
> about QML (non-graphical) performance, so renderers do not come into account.
> We want a faster memory manager.
>
> Do you have any papers that show the advantage of the different possibilities?
> On modern CPU architectures.

No I didn't write any paper on the subject yet (I already have n side
projects to finish).  All I have for now is this comparison with shared_ptr:
https://github.com/philippeb8/root_ptr

But the complexity is constant (O(1)) so the time taken shown will
always be the same and it will not clog your memory bus.