[Development] A simple analysis of apps using qtbase's private headers

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Tue Feb 2 19:34:16 CET 2016

On 2016-02-02, Liang Qi <cavendish.qi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Above three are not applications, they must be input context plugin of Qt,
> just like ibus in
> https://github.com/qtproject/qtbase/tree/5.5/src/plugins/platforminputconte=
> xts/ibus
> . Normally every input method software could/should have one of this kind
> of plugin for Qt 5, so there is no question when they use private headers.

There is two ways to fix the usage of private headers in external
things.

1) is to stop using them
2) is to promote more private api to public api.

I do think that one should consider it for the bits needed to make input
methods.

Really. Public private api is bad. It should really not exist. It harms
our "We promise source and binary compatibility" promises, because it is
full of 'except ...' .

We should head towards not have any public private api.

/Sune