[Development] HEADS UP: OSX build requirements for 5.7

Tor Arne Vestbø tor.arne.vestbo at theqtcompany.com
Wed Feb 10 12:00:00 CET 2016

Hey guys!

To clear up some resources in our CI system we're moving to the
following build process:

- Build Qt on the latest OS X with the latest Xcode against the latest
SDK available.
- Test that build by running the auto-tests on each of the supported
deployment targets, down to the minimum deployment target we support
(which for the time being is 10.7).

This means that we can save build time by not building Qt on those lower
OS X versions, just running the tests there. It also means we can start
removing SDK ifdefs in our code, since Qt should always be built against
the latest available SDK.

This is the approach recommended by Apple, and the one we've been
applying to the iOS port in the past.

Does anyone see any issues with this going forward?

Tor Arne