[Development] HEADS UP: OSX build requirements for 5.7

Robert Iakobashvili coroberti at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 12:14:14 CET 2016

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 1:00 PM, Tor Arne Vestbø
<tor.arne.vestbo at theqtcompany.com> wrote:
> Hey guys!
>
> To clear up some resources in our CI system we're moving to the following
> build process:
>
> - Build Qt on the latest OS X with the latest Xcode against the latest SDK
> available.
> - Test that build by running the auto-tests on each of the supported
> deployment targets, down to the minimum deployment target we support (which
> for the time being is 10.7).
>
> This means that we can save build time by not building Qt on those lower OS
> X versions, just running the tests there. It also means we can start
> removing SDK ifdefs in our code, since Qt should always be built against the
> latest available SDK.
>
> This is the approach recommended by Apple, and the one we've been applying
> to the iOS port in the past.
>
> Does anyone see any issues with this going forward?
>
> Tor Arne

Dear Tor Arne,
Apple has a traditional October-November mess after releasing
new versions with issues, bugs, patches that goes normally up to end-of year.

So, it could be that practically makes sense to keep
in autumn a previous version as well at least for a transition period
of several months.

Kind regards,
Robert