[Development] HEADS UP: OSX build requirements for 5.7

Petroules Jake Jake.Petroules at theqtcompany.com
Thu Feb 11 18:04:14 CET 2016

Another advantage for end users is that they are guaranteed to get the latest platform features supported by that version of Qt if their OS version also supports them.

For example, if Qt is built with the 10.11 SDK and therefore provides a fast WKWebView implementation, users running on 10.11 will always get it, as opposed to Qt being built with the 10.9 SDK where users will get the slow WebView implementation instead, despite the current OS supporting WKWebView, since it wasn't compiled in to begin with.