[Development] Request for a new playground project

Guillaume Charbonnier gcharbonnier at simplisim.net
Fri Feb 12 14:57:04 CET 2016

Hi all,

Following engin.io <http://engin.io/> services ramping down notification, Qt mobile developers (like me) are lacking a MBaaS (mobile backend as a service) that would play nicely with Qt.
I think this lack could be quite a big impedance for the promotion of Qt for mobile development as most mobile applications use the basic features a MBaaS offer...

I would like to start a playground project (with the help of everyone interested in that topic) to offer a set of Qt classes and QML elements to manage the following services :
	• authentification and authorization (with social login)
	• datastore (nosql)
	• push notifications
	• statistics

I think it would be great to design this new module to be backend agnostic. Thus supporting several backend providers such as :
- google Firebase
- BaasBox
- IBM Cloudant
- Apigee

I have never participate in Qt project so I am an absolute beginner in this field.
I have read the development topics in the wiki despite some of them state to be outdated - any advice and recommandation will be greatly appreciated.
Here is a link to the corresponding forum topic : https://forum.qt.io/topic/63777/looking-for-engin-io-replacement-joining-our-effort-initiative <https://forum.qt.io/topic/63777/looking-for-engin-io-replacement-joining-our-effort-initiative>

To conclude, I think it would be helpful to create a playground project for this project, hence my request :
Description : Qt Mobile Backed as a Service
Playground project name : MBaaS

Best regards.
Guillaume