[Development] Request for a new playground project

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Fri Feb 12 15:49:11 CET 2016

+1
this sounds great - I'm also looking for BaaS with Qt Mobile development

Am 12.02.16 um 14:57 schrieb Guillaume Charbonnier:
> Hi all,
>
> Following engin.io <http://engin.io/> services ramping down
> notification, Qt mobile developers (like me) are lacking a MBaaS
> (mobile backend as a service) that would play nicely with Qt.
> I think this lack could be quite a big impedance for the promotion of
> Qt for mobile development as most mobile applications use the basic
> features a MBaaS offer...
>
> I would like to start a playground project (with the help of everyone
> interested in that topic) to offer a set of Qt classes and QML
> elements to manage the following services :
> • authentification and authorization (with social login)
> • datastore (nosql)
> • push notifications
> • statistics
>
> I think it would be great to design this new module to be backend
> agnostic. Thus supporting several backend providers such as :
> - google Firebase
> - BaasBox
> - IBM Cloudant
> - Apigee
>
> I have never participate in Qt project so I am an absolute beginner in
> this field.
> I have read the development topics in the wiki despite some of them
> state to be outdated - any advice and recommandation will be
> greatly appreciated.
> Here is a link to the corresponding forum topic
> : https://forum.qt.io/topic/63777/looking-for-engin-io-replacement-joining-our-effort-initiative
>
> To conclude, I think it would be helpful to create a playground
> project for this project, hence my request :
> _Description_ : Qt Mobile Backed as a Service
> _Playground project name_ : MBaaS
>
> Best regards.
> Guillaume

ekke (ekkehard gentz)

independent software architect
international development native mobile business apps
BlackBerry 10 | Qt Mobile (Android, iOS)
workshops - trainings - bootcamps

*BlackBerry Elite Developer
BlackBerry Platinum Enterprise Partner*

max-josefs-platz 30, D-83022 rosenheim, germany
mailto:ekke at ekkes-corner.org
blog: http://ekkes-corner.org
apps and more: http://appbus.org

twitter: @ekkescorner
skype: ekkes-corner
LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/ekkehard/
Steuer-Nr: 156/220/30931 FA Rosenheim, UST-ID: DE189929490