[Development] HEADS UP: Qt 5.7 branching ongoing

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at theqtcompany.com
Wed Feb 17 19:02:50 CET 2016

the downmerge is now done (*). that means that 5.7 is now finally
properly feature-frozen, and dev is undisputably open for new features.

that means that if you integrate something on dev now, it won't be in
5.7 - cherry-picks require special negotiation (with ME!) and earn you
some Very Stern Words. as usual.
you may still make retargeting requests for pending changes. as usual.

(*) qtbase's and qtwebengine's merges are currently integrating. that
means that dev is already open, but the content is not in 5.7 yet.