[Development] Supported platforms for Qt 5.8

Turunen Tuukka tuukka.turunen at theqtcompany.com
Tue Feb 23 06:32:55 CET 2016

No. Both Qt 5.6 and Qt 5.7 will support WEC13.

> I want that answer to be "no". Let's support it for at least a year.
> --

Me too. I want to support it 3 years with the Qt 5.6 LTS - and after that offer extended support to customers needing it.

But let's re-check if VS2013 is actually now supported as a compiler or not. Maybe we can remove VS2012 but still support WEC13 with Qt 5.8 - however this may require some more though that just the compiler support. It seems very clear that Microsoft is aggressively pushing towards Windows 10 IoT, so I think that would be the right thing to focus on in the future of embedded Windows.

Yours,

	Tuukka