[Development] Supported platforms for Qt 5.8

Turunen Tuukka tuukka.turunen at theqtcompany.com
Wed Feb 24 08:12:24 CET 2016

Andreas is probably the best person to comment, but as far as I have understood the enablers for WEC13 platform support are there in Qt 5.6 since a long time. It is just a matter of having solid WEC13 BSPs to test and fix possible glitches.

And in any case WEC13 is not a new platform, just a successor in a long line of WinCE products. We typically bring support to, for example, new OS X releases in a patch release of a LTS Qt (like Qt 4.8).

Therefore, I see no reason why someone using WEC13 could not stay with Qt 5.6 LTS if the functionality is fit for they needs. Especially since Qt 5.6 will be supported longer than Qt 5.7.

Yours,

	Tuukka