[Development] We are planning to upgrade qdoc to use clang for parsing C++

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Feb 26 18:02:27 CET 2016

On quinta-feira, 25 de fevereiro de 2016 18:36:16 PST Olivier Goffart wrote:
> The parser need to be adapted if we want to support trailing type for
> signals/ slots/Q_INVOKABLE; or C++11 attributes; decltype as argument type
> for invokable; or fancy default arguments. There might be other things.

Is there value in doing that for non-template classes and members?

It's probably the same discussion as the almost-always-auto we had before, but
since we're talking about the public interface of something, I'd expect people
to write their types more often than just relying on the compiler to guess it.