[Development] We are planning to upgrade qdoc to use clang for parsing C++

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Sat Feb 27 11:54:35 CET 2016

Am Freitag, 26. Februar 2016, 09:02:27 CET schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> On quinta-feira, 25 de fevereiro de 2016 18:36:16 PST Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > The parser need to be adapted if we want to support trailing type for
> > signals/ slots/Q_INVOKABLE; or C++11 attributes; decltype as argument type
> > for invokable; or fancy default arguments. There might be other things.
>
> Is there value in doing that for non-template classes and members?
>
> It's probably the same discussion as the almost-always-auto we had before,
> but since we're talking about the public interface of something, I'd expect
> people to write their types more often than just relying on the compiler to
> guess it.

We are talking about about user's code. They might have a style guide that
says that every function need to use trailing return types (for consistency).

They may also want to do stuff like

Q_INVOKABLE auto userName(int userId)
{ return m_users.value(userId).name; }

It's convinient. You might not like the use of auto, but it is not a good
reason to forbid its use to Qt users. They see this as a limitation of moc.

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - https://woboq.com - https://code.woboq.org