[Development] Update QtWayland CI to Wayland 1.6+

Jędrzej Nowacki jedrzej.nowacki at theqtcompany.com
Thu Jan 14 10:15:40 CET 2016

On Monday 11 of January 2016 00:27:08 Pier Luigi Fiorini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are starting to have QtWayland patches that require at least Wayland 1.6
> available, such as:
>
> - https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/104222/
> - https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/112141/
> - https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/144891/
>
> We need to update CI to at least Wayland 1.6 as soon as possible.
>
> If I recall CI is running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS now, but LTS is released every
> two years.
>
> The next LTS should be 16.04 which means that until April we cannot merge
> those patches making the first one more than 1 year old.
>
> Would it be possible to switch to a distro that potentially has more
> frequent updates to avoid repeating the same problem again in the future?

Hi,

 I guess the whole point of having Ubuntu 14.04 LTS in CI is to support that
platform as long as it is important. As you said it will be important until
16.04 release. I think we could potentially remove 14.04 from CI on dev branch
after Qt 5.7 release. Can't you "ifdef" you code, so it "works" with the older
Wayland too?

Cheers,
 Jędrek