[Development] Update QtWayland CI to Wayland 1.6+

Pier Luigi Fiorini pierluigi.fiorini at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 16:32:33 CET 2016

> On Thursday 14 January 2016 10:15:40 Jędrzej Nowacki wrote:
> >  I guess the whole point of having Ubuntu 14.04 LTS in CI is to support
> that
> > platform as long as it is important. As you said it will be important
> until
> > 16.04 release. I think we could potentially remove 14.04 from CI on dev
> > branch after Qt 5.7 release. Can't you "ifdef" you code, so it "works"
> with
> > the older Wayland too?
>
> I don't think it makes sense to support Wayland that old, especially not
> on a
> distro that decided to not support Wayland. It's probably better to just
> skip
> building Wayland altogether if the found libraries are too old.
>
> We just need a newer distro that does support Wayland to be present.

That looks like a future proof solution, perhaps OpenSuSE - the new 42
release has Wayland 1.8 as far as I can tell [*]

[*]
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/42/images/repo/openSUSE-42.1-x86_64-Build0008-Media1/suse/x86_64/libwayland-server0-1.8.0-1.4.x86_64.rpm

--
Out of the box experience