[Development] What kind of airplane we want to build?

charleyb123 . charleyb123 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 20:16:45 CET 2016

Thiago sayeth:
<snip, airplane metaphor, turbo prop v. jet engine>

> So no, I don't think we risk becoming irrelevant against other airplane
> makers
> anytime soon. Our competitor are those transatlantic heavyweight ships
> (HTML5).

<snip>,

LOL!!!

That's actually a very good point (in addition to the fact that I really
did Laugh-Out-Loud).

C++ is growing, and native-client apps are growing (mobile, embedded,
desktop, cloud).

The Qt value-proposition gets you native on that platform better than
anything else, including the C++ Standard (which is merely a language
standard, and not a technology platform).

We would likely get quite a few blank stares when walking into a bar for
programmers (do those exist?) and shouting, "C++ is easily approachable!"
 However, we'd get many nods-of-agreement saying the same about Qt.

--charley