[Development] QFont::setFamily("monospace") on OS X

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 18:29:46 CET 2016

Hello,

Not sure if this is the best place to ask:
I think QFont::setFamily("monospace") should allow to obtain an appropriate monospace font on all platforms. It does with the XCB QPA , giving me the Consolas font (ideally it should return the fixed-width font that goes with the active (platform) style, though).
On OS X with the cocoa QPA however, this gives Lucida Grande, i.e. the system fallback font.

I suppose that's a bug, or is there a reason why this doesn't work as expected?

Cf: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-50564

R.