[Development] Use of Standard Library containers in Qt source code

Marco Bubke Marco.Bubke at qt.io
Thu Jul 7 12:06:05 CEST 2016

I think it simply a question of time to get used to the STL. You get used to many things.

I think we should mind about the new features of C++ which are coming, which cannot integrated very well with Qt because we use a different idiom.

I really think we should make it easier for the developer but if we provide no way to go the fast path do we really make it easier?

If the context is changing over time, is it not smart to reevaluate decision again and maybe go a different route? I don't mean to do it all the time but maybe there is a middle path between different "fundamentalisms". [đŸ˜‰]