[Development] [QtMultimedia] Still is supported, active?

Prav pr12og2 at programist.ru
Thu Jul 21 16:05:42 CEST 2016

Hello, Everyone.

>> If "Fix Version" is filled by Yoann Lopes 6 months ago then he will get
>> this estimation and can decide to hire Woboq or someone else to fix or
>> whatever.

> This is an unreasonable expectation to place on developers. For
> blockers (which, as far as I understand, this was not), yes, the fix
> version is most likely going to be known, but for many bugs, it's
> extremely difficult to know when they will be fixed. Things happen,
> priorities change. Also, there are always lots of bugs waiting to be fixed. It's a huge product.

Agree with you if this field was unchangeable once it was set (nobody knows the future exactly ... ).
But this field is CHANGEBLE! So Fix Version SHOULD NOT BE KNOWN. It is how maintainer see planning of it currently.

If you maintain something you know best about plans. So share your estimation! (this field is here for a reason).
You know tasks, you visit meetings there plans are discussed, you communicate with other who involved ... you
know situation with module better then others ... so why not share your vision in this simple field?

Moreover this field can be used to better support prioritization for maintainer plans.
Bugs with same priority but lower Fix Version have higher priority. So actually beneficial for maintainers too.

Moreover there are other 2 fields which also need to be set. And not filling them give instability for the bug too.
Do not want instability in feedback ... make bug's state stable. Easy!