[Development] [QtMultimedia] Still is supported, active?

Mitch Curtis mitch.curtis at qt.io
Thu Jul 21 13:54:15 CEST 2016

This is an unreasonable expectation to place on developers. For blockers (which, as far as I understand, this was not), yes, the fix version is most likely going to be known, but for many bugs, it's extremely difficult to know when they will be fixed. Things happen, priorities change. Also, there are always lots of bugs waiting to be fixed. It's a huge product.

The more reasonable approach to this is to contact the maintainer or the current assignee and let them know that you're planning on working on it, to avoid stepping on each other's toes.

But then again.. we both know that anyone who is *serious* about getting something fixed would have taken this approach, right? :) Only those who complain (regardless of the facts and realities presented to them) while making no attempts to come forward with a solution would consider this an effective use of their time.