[Development] Programs crashing left and right in the CI

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Jul 25 17:51:36 CEST 2016

On segunda-feira, 25 de julho de 2016 14:07:04 PDT Jędrzej Nowacki wrote:
> Ugh I haven't seen link.exe crashing, but in case of moc I have impression
> that it is a software problem. I remember that first time I have seen it I
> was  quite surprised, but now it is quite common and it happens mostly
> (only) on OSX (Clang miss-compilation?). If it would be memory then I would
> expect to see compiler crashing more often and I have experienced it maybe
> once...
>
> Any other idea what can go wrong or what can be checked?

The fact that it is consitently crashing on moc indicates the problem is
actually moc or the compiler. You're also right that most of the crashes are
on macOS. I can't remember if I've seen it on other OSes. This link.exe crash
is a one-off and I haven't seen others.

Let's pay attention of what crashes and where. But we'll need to reproduce
this in order to debug it.