[Development] commas in ctor-init-lists

Julien Blanc julien.blanc at nmc-company.com
Thu Jun 2 10:53:48 CEST 2016

Le mercredi 01 juin 2016 à 15:36 +0200, Olivier Goffart a écrit :

> Anyone has a config file for clang-format to use with qt so it can be used
> with git-clang-format?

This is the most relevant question in this kinda trollish kind of topic.

Everyone has different opinion on these matters, and, this is more a
matter of style / habits than real arguments. But there’s one thing that
matters a lot more than code style itself : consistency.

But to go back to the topic, we’re in 2016 now, and still we face the
same discussions as in the nineties. Why is that that I can’t work with
the code the way *I* want, and share it with the others the way *they*
want. Hey, we now have really pretty decent tools to reformat code !
What i have in mind is something like :

- post-checkout/clone git hook that reformat code to *my* style when i
work on it
- pre-commit hook that reformat code to the *neutral* (ie, qt style
rules) style when committing
- difftool customization so that diff are displayed in my style rather
than the neutral one
- server-side : style is checked in the pre-commit hook, either it is
reformatted automatically or rejected if not in the good format.

Never had the time to play with something like that, i’m wondering if
someone ever did, and in that case what’s working and what’s not, the
issues faced.

Regards,

Julien