[Development] Many congratulations and one question

Massimo Callegari massimocallegari at yahoo.it
Sat Jun 18 16:41:34 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,
today, instead of being the usual "complaining guy" I'd like to explicit my biggest congratulations and gratitude to all the people behind the Qt3D module.
In particular to Sean Harmer and Paul Lemire at KDAB, who have been doing a monumental job working during weekends, fighting against CI breakage and taking care of an infinite number of JIRA issues and reports.

I've been following the Qt3D developments for a couple of years and I have to say Qt3D is going to be an awesome addition to the Qt features set.
I tried as much as I could to support the developments by testing patches and reporting issues and I hope I've been somehow helpful for the project.

I'm also very excited by the Qt3D editor and I'd like to congratulate with all the Qt people behind it as well.
Even if it's in a very early stage, you can already feel it is going to be an awesome tool !

So, well done everybody !

Now I've got a question for the Qt3D guys who knows all the techy bits of the current status of the module.
It is my intention to implement the technique described in these AMD slides:
https://developer.amd.com/wordpress/media/2012/10/Mitchell_LightShafts.pdf

I am wondering if Qt3D can already cover such usage or if there are missing bits that are still not there or not planned at all.
A plus for my project is if that technique can work in a deferred rendering pipeline.

If KDAB/Qt is interested in such usage case, I am more than willing to contribute to the developments or even support a developer more skilled than me in the 3D area with a monetary contribution.

Thanks again !
Massimo