[Development] QStorageinfo changes: a bug.

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Jun 20 18:04:12 CEST 2016

On segunda-feira, 20 de junho de 2016 11:45:23 PDT Stef Bon wrote:
> This worked until recently, now the fuse is not found anymore. I've
> found out that the function
> isPseudoFs has been changed, and every fs where the device does not
> start with a slash is a pseudofs. Huhhh? This is far too strict.

That matches all the cases of pseudo-fs for me. It's not required, though, as
you can mount anything in a pseudo-fs and it will be ignored.

> The manpage of mount describes for the device (or source):
>
> mount()  attaches the filesystem specified by source (which is often a
> device name, but can also be a directory name or a dummy) to the
> directory specified by target.
>
> So there are no restrictions here it has to start with a slash. And
> the source --can-- be something abstract, and not a device.

You're reading it upside down, mistaking "sufficient" condition for "required".

As you and I both said, it's not required to start with something other than a
slash. But it is sufficient for me, as a real FS will require a real device to
be mounted and a real device requires a device node or another file path.