[Development] Qt 5.7.0 Toolchain on RasPI2

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Jun 20 23:21:27 CEST 2016

On segunda-feira, 20 de junho de 2016 21:30:09 PDT Alexander Nassian wrote:
> Hi Thiago,
>
> Would be great if you could be a little bit more specific. I’m using exactly
> the same toolchain and the same sysroot for 5.5.1 and 5.7.0. The 5.5.1
> build works perfectly, the 5.7.0 build fails while linking. Is the GCC
> 4.8.3 which is used for Raspian not supported anymore?

I don't know what differs, but this one you're using, at least the way you're
using it, is broken. I can't offer more advice as I have never used, developed
for or even touched a Raspberry Pi, nor Raspbian, nor have I ever used the
"-device" option for configure.

Your libpthread.so.0 and librt.so.1 are looking for symbols in your libc.so.6
that they can't find. Qt didn't ship with those libraries, therefore the
problem is in the toolchain or the way you're using it.

Please make a program that calls clock_gettime(), compiles and links with this
toolchain (with the -Wl,--no-undefined flag) and will run. Then compare the
compiler and linker command-lines that you used to the ones that Qt's configure
script is trying. Find out what's different, then fix the source of those files.