[Development] Push to Gerrit

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Sat Jun 25 18:23:19 CEST 2016

Hi Harald,

often on Windows it's easiest to install PuTTy and it's helper program,
pageant. Run pageant and import/convert your ssh key and set this up in
your gerrit webui.

Cheers,

Sean

On 25/06/2016 16:06, Harald Vistnes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to make my first ever contribution to Qt, but I am
> struggling with the last part of actually pushing to Gerrit. I've
> followed the guidelines in the Wiki, but I have probably done
> something wrong.
>
> I've added and committed the patch locally, but when I try to run
>
> git push gerrit HEAD:refs/for/5.7
>
> I get a popup messagebox:
>
> TortoiseGitPlink Fatal Error
> Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available (server
> sent: publickey)
>
> I'm on Windows. I assume the problem is related to the ssh keys.
>
> Any hints on how to continue would be welcome.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Harald Vistnes

Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Managing Director UK
KDAB (UK) Ltd, a KDAB Group company
Tel. +44 (0)1625 809908; Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090
Mobile: +44 (0)7545 140604
KDAB - Qt Experts