[Development] Qt 5.6.0 (final) packages available

Jan Kundrát jkt at kde.org
Mon Mar 14 23:51:40 CET 2016

On Monday, 14 March 2016 21:41:02 CET, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> As far as I understand, this is a race condition. So you won't have that
> problem all the time.

While I was debugging this, it behaved like a very reliable deadlock. I
wasn't really running it in a loop, but it happened each and every time at
least a dozen times, and there was never a moment where it actually worked.

> Not acceptable. I will only apply the patch if I understand
> what it does and
> what the consequences are. I can only do that in April.

I understand that you won't apply that patch unless you fully understand
its consequences. Maybe it can be applied by some other Qt maintainer,
given that:

- the regression was introduced in the 5.6 branch,
- the QtDBus maintainer doesn't have time to test it prior to the 5.6's
release,
- the patch fixes said regression?

Anyway, just a suggestion :).

Cheers,