[Development] Qt 5.6.0 (final) packages available

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Mar 15 06:24:20 CET 2016

On segunda-feira, 14 de março de 2016 23:51:40 PDT Jan Kundrát wrote:
> I understand that you won't apply that patch unless you fully understand
> its consequences. Maybe it can be applied by some other Qt maintainer,
> given that:
>
> - the regression was introduced in the 5.6 branch,
> - the QtDBus maintainer doesn't have time to test it prior to the 5.6's
> release,
> - the patch fixes said regression?
>
> Anyway, just a suggestion :).

There's no one who understands the code and would be comfortable approving it.
I don't have a problem with qualified people approving code -- that's how
QtCore is moving in my absence. There's no one like that for QtDBus.

The problem is the severity of this bug. You're telling me this is a reliable
deadlock. But the changes in question have been in the 5.6 branch for a couple
of months, so I'm surprised that no one reported this earlier.

I will take a look tomorrow.