[Development] Fwd: [Interest] Qt 5.6.0 (final) packages available

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Tue Mar 15 09:54:46 CET 2016

I agreed partially with Lars

Is too late *now*, and we can wait for a quick 5.6.1, but is not entirely
correct in say that we're not raising this issue from some time.
For us in Fedora this issue been happening for a month, since rc releases
and the bug was opened 10 days ago so the fact that is passed unattended
or the fact that depends indirectly on one person only that understands
well the code is that worries more.

5.6.0 is more important than regular releases, as Qt project defined as the
LTS release, and this bug do Qt LTS been unusable for the largest showcase
of Qt which is really a not good presentation.

And can't take the blame away of us packagers and distros as well, that
treated the bug as something magic that Qt project would discover as
critical and go ahead to fix. Mea culpa too.

So, let's take this as a lesson, and maybe try to make a better 5.6.1
release.

Regards, Helio
KDE Developer
Fedora KDE packager