[Development] Qt Coding Guidelines

Sergio Martins sergio.martins at kdab.com
Thu Mar 17 15:15:56 CET 2016

On Thursday, March 17, 2016 02:30:03 PM Koehne Kai wrote:

(snip)

> Completely orthogonal to this is though in which format the documents
> are. You're specifically mentioning .qdoc, but I assume it wouldn't really
> matter if it's Markdown (from the 'reusability' perspective)?

If we keep these documents private then I would say .qdoc vs .md is a bikeshed
and whoever is doing the hard work of writing and maintaining it should
decide.

But for public distribution I don't think it's fine.

If I recommend the Qt coding style to a customer, he'll come back and say "How
do I open this?". Afaik, you can't just point your browser to it and open it
while offline, you have to go to a gitweb site and view it there, otherwise no
pretty formatting.

Regards,
--
SĂ©rgio Martins | sergio.martins at kdab.com | Software Engineer
Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)