[Development] What qtbase looks like with extensive use of auto

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 18:17:59 CET 2016

On 2016-03-19 14:02, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> In case you missed it, I wrote an auto-modernizer
>
>  https://steveire.wordpress.com/2016/03/19/aaargh

Thanks for sharing. I admiringly adore all the abounding (and artistic)
alliteration adorning the article. (Sorry, couldn't think how to avoid
"the" in that ;-). And "I" *is* alliterative, darn it :-), at least in
pronunciation.)

Also, this looks like an interesting tool that I may wish to use myself...

I do wonder why your tool doesn't convert this...?

  // old
  QStringList middleStrings = sl.mid(1, 500);

  // new
  auto middleStrings = QStringList{sl.mid(1, 500)};

--
Matthew